|Teaching method||Contact hours|
|Practical extensively supervised|
Language of instruction:
The modular skills training teaches skills that are necessary for graduates to function in jobs at MSc level. In consultation with the MSc study advisor an assessment can be made on which skills (competencies) are already mastered and which are necessary to develop further. Based on this, you select modules to a total of 3 credit points (or 6 credit points).
It is important for students to reach an agreement with their study adviser about which and how many modules to follow, at a very early stage in the MSc programme. Once you both agreed on which modules to take, you should register as soon as possible at SSC online for each of the modules chosen. (There is no need nor possibility to register for YMC 60300 or YMC 60400, since these are only umbrella codes).
In the MOS we make a distinction between two categories of modules.
More information on each of the modules can be found under the respective course codes and chair groups. (Between brackets)
The first category modules concern bachelor competences and therefore these modules should be followed as early in the academic year as possible:
- Computer Literacy (INF-65000) - 1,5 credits;
- Information Literacy (ECS-65100) - 1,5 credits.
The second category modules:
- Negotiation Skills (ECS-65300) - 1,5 credits;
- Intercultural Communication Skills (ECS-65400) - 1,5 credits;
- Argumentation Skills (ECS-65500) - 1,5 credits;
- Observation Techniques (YRM-65000) - 1,5 credits;
- Professional Ethics (CPT-65000) - 1,5 credits;
- Introduction Philosophy of Science (CPT-65100) - 1,5 credits;
- Scientific Writing Skills (ECS-65600) - 1,5 credits;
- Project Planning and Organising (INF-65100) - 1,5 credits;
- Interviewing Techniques (YRM-65100) - 1,5 credits;
- Questionnaire Construction (YRM-65300) - 1,5 credits;
- Advanced Presentation Skills (ECS-66500) - 1,5 credits;
- Presentation Skills (ECS-65700) - 1,5 credits;
- Academic Argumentation Skills in Writing and Debate (ECS-66600) - 1,5 credits;
- Intuitive Intelligence (ECS-65800) - 1,5 credits;
- Career Development & Planning (ECS-65900) - 1,5 credits;
- Facilitation Innovative Learning Processes (ECS-66000) - 1,5 credits;
- Entrepreneurial skills (ECS-66100) - 1,5 credits;
- Consultancy skills (ECS-66200) - 1,5 credits;
- Management skills (ECS-66300) - 1,5 credits;
- Integral Leadership for Sustainability (ECS-66400) - 1,5 credits;
- Pursuing and Realising Entrepreneurial Projects (ECS-66700) 1 - 3 credits. This module can be followed in combination with an entrepreneurial project in Academic Consultancy Training.
The majority of the modules can be followed in the same period as the Academic Consultancy Training, except for the ones marked with: check the detailed schedule on the scheduling website.