|Teaching method||Contact hours|
|One day excursion|
|Learning supported by IT||10|
|Course coordinator(s)||dr. ir. MW Reij|
|Lecturer(s)||dr. ir. MW Reij|
|dr. RR Beumer|
|prof. dr. ir. MH Zwietering|
|prof. dr. ir. IMCM Rietjens|
|prof. dr. ir. JGAJ van der Vorst|
|prof. dr. mr. BMJ van der Meulen|
|dr. ir. ARH Fischer|
|Examiner(s)||prof. dr. ir. MH Zwietering|
Language of instruction:
Assumed knowledge on:
FHM-30306 Food Safety, LAW-30806 Food Law, TOX-30306 Food Toxicology, FHM-22306 Advanced Food Microbiology
The course is an advanced course in which the students will act as assessors of risks from different perspectives; such as scientific, managerial, political and economic perspectives. Students will have to defend their propositions and negotiate aims and results. A practical case is supported by lectures.
At the end of the course a student is expected to be able to:
- make use of a risk assessment;
- follow-up on a risk assessment on all levels;
- to be able to design a crisis protocol;
- defend propositions in large meetings;
- negotiate group issues and statements;
- apply risk management techniques in different situations;
- know and apply legal issues regarding food safety management;
- know and apply economic aspects regarding food safety management.
Case studies, lectures, writing and presentation, computer based cases, discussions.
Case studies, presentations and individual written exam. All separate parts must be passed.
Literature will be provided at the beginning of the course.
|Compulsory for:||MFS||Food Safety||MSc||6WD|