|Course coordinator(s)||N Chatsisvili|
|Lecturer(s)||dr. ir. AR Linnemann|
|dr. ir. MW Reij|
|dr. ir. CAP Buijsse|
|dr. S O'Reilly, Department of Food Business and Development|
|Examiner(s)||dr. ir. CAP Buijsse|
|dr. ir. AR Linnemann|
Language of instruction:
This course is intended only for students in the MFT Specialization European Master in Food Studies.
The European Master's ''Team Project'' consists of:
1. Organizational Behaviour and Team Building Module
This one-week module takes place at the start of the study (end of August). The aim is to help the participants to understand organizational behaviour and to practice effective teamwork during the remaining modules of the Masters, in particular the team project, and during their future work within organizations.
2. Quality Function Deployment
This module includes lectures on the House of Quality and the Experimental Plan
- Project Management Fundamentals (distance learning)
This module is part of the course Advanced Food Business Management followed by students during their stay in Cork.
3. Execution of the team project
During the two years of this specialization, the students will work in groups on a team project, which has been approved by the Board of the European Masters programme. Students execute the project parallel to the classes at the university and the industrial placement, and report and present the project results before graduating
4. Food Safety Management (distance learning)
This distance-learning course contains 5 E-learning courses, clustered in 3 modules (A, B and C) which will be followed throughout the 2-year studies.
Module A (2 credits) is compulsory for all students and includes the courses: Food Related Hazards, and Good Hygienic Practices & HACCP
Module B (2 credits) is optional (i.e. not all students should necessarily follow it, but at least 2-3 students in each team) and includes the courses: Food Preservation and Hygienic Design
Module C (1 credit) is optional and includes the course: Sampling and Monitoring
After successful completion of this course students are expected to have:
- knowledge on project management
- knowledge on the product development within the food industry
- knowledge on performing a product development project
- knowledge on financial management of a project
- knowledge on food safety management
- obtained team working skills, especially in a multi-cultural environment
- obtained an entrepreneurial mindset
Lectures. Project work in groups. Distance learning
Written report and final presentation.
A mark will be given for the quality function deployment. For all the other modules of the team project, only a passmark will be given.
|Verplicht voor:||MFTEM||Spec. European Masters in Food Studies EM||MSc||1,2,3,4,5,6|