|Course coordinator(s)||dr. IA van der Lans|
|Lecturer(s)||dr. YK van Dam|
|prof. dr. ir. JCM van Trijp|
|dr. IA van der Lans|
|EJ van Loo|
|Examiner(s)||dr. IA van der Lans|
Language of instruction:
Assumed knowledge on:
MCB-20806 Principles of Consumer Studies; MAT-22306 Quantitative Research Methodology and Statistics, or YSS-20306 Quantitative and Qualitative Research Techniques in the Social Sciences
MCB-32306 Applied Consumer Studies; MCB-30806 Sensory Perception & Preference; MCB-31306 Creating Frameworks for Marketing and Consumer Behaviour; YSS-81312 BSc thesis Consumer Studies; MCB-804xx. MSc Thesis Marketing & Consumer Behaviour
This course builds the relation between consumer behaviour and marketing management, with a focus on product and distribution policy, and the design and development of new products in consumer-oriented chains, as well as on often-used research methodology for understanding consumer behaviour.
After successful completion of this course students are expected to be able to:
- explain, analyse, and critique theories and models about some fundamental consumer processes;
- explain and appraise the goal and characteristics of a number of research methods and data-analysis techniques that are often used for the analysis of consumer behaviour;
- apply these data-analysis techniques to actual data, in order to answer research questions;
- appraise theories and models on consumer behaviour and research methods from the perspective of marketing planning and strategies in consumer-oriented chains;
- explain the dynamics between consumer behaviour and marketing management;
- make an adequate selection from among a number of theories and research methods, given a consumer-behaviour-related marketing problem.
- following lectures;
- studying and critically appraising literature;
- group work to apply the knowledge on the research methods.
- written test with open questions (75%);
- assessment of group work (25%).
The written test needs a minimum mark of 5.0 to pass, while the joint mark should not be lower than 5.5.
|Verplicht voor:||BBC||Management and Consumer Studies||BSc||B: Spec. B - Consumer Studies||5MO|
|Keuze voor:||BBC||Management and Consumer Studies||BSc||A: Spec. A - Business Studies||5MO|
|MOA||Organic Agriculture||MSc||B: Spec. B - Sustainable Food Systems||4WD|