|Course coordinator(s)||dr. J Verboom|
|Examiner(s)||dr. J Verboom|
|prof. dr. AA Koelmans|
|prof. dr. R Leemans|
|dr. ir. NW van den Brink|
|prof. dr. MC Krol|
|prof. dr. RE Creamer|
|prof. dr. RNJ Comans|
Language of instruction:
ESA-81303 BSc Thesis Environmental Quality and Systems Analysis Part 1.
For a clearly demarcated environmental topic in the field of environmental quality, e.g. water, soil or air quality, toxicology, and/or environmental systems analysis students will, individually, write a BSc thesis, on the basis of information from scientific literature and/or data and/or a short systems analysis. Part of the literature and/or data is offered by the supervisor. The results will be presented in an oral presentation to other students and university staff, during a bachelors' seminar.
After successful completion of this course students are expected to be able to:
- do (literature) research in the field of environmental quality and/or environmental systems analysis according to a project proposal;
- integrate and apply theoretical knowledge;
- work individually and independently in scientific research (under supervision);
- carry out the work within the available time;
- write a bachelor thesis on an environmental quality and/or environmental systems issue, on the basis of information from scientific literature and/or data;
- present and defend the results of such work for an audience of staff and students.
Students do research by gathering, evaluating and analysing scientific literature and/or data, write a thesis, prepare a presentation and present the results during the bachelors' seminar..
The examination of the BSc thesis is done on the basis of a rubric. The assessment criteria are:
- research skills (40%);
- quality of the writing (40%) and
- oral presentation including handling of questions during the BSc symposium (20%).
Grades are proposed by the daily supervisor of the BSc thesis student on the basis of the rubric. All grades are verified by a second examiner.
A course guide is available.
|Verplicht voor:||BES||Environmental Sciences||BSc||B: Environmental Quality and Systems Analysis||6WD|