|Course coordinator(s)||dr. EFM Wubben|
|Lecturer(s)||dr. EFM Wubben|
|Examiner(s)||dr. EFM Wubben|
Language of instruction:
To familiarize the student with the commercial and transformational aspects of Biobased and Circular Economy, the course comprises of (guest) lectures, literature, case studies and work on a factpod-video. Ever thought about the circular processing of over 1 mln matrasses anually, in the Netherlands alone. Will we profitably extract biochemicals and ingredients from waste? Gain and develop knowledge to understand, strengthen and work in this economy under transition. Lectures are focused on the business and societal views on BB&CE; strategic niche management and transitions; new business development, and managing circular cycles; alliances, bio-refineries and business model development; and, feasibility assessment of biobased products. Guest lectures (conditional on enrolment) bring the up-to-date information on new business development, and the hurdles for transition. Dedicated knowledge clips haven been developed. Factpod-directed project work is there to internalize the understanding and add knowledge to this domain.
After successful completion of this course students are expected to be able to:
- identify relevant transitional, strategic and commercial topics for advancing biobased & circular business;
- recognize the time-related prospects and challenges for firms, industries and global regions;
- understand societal transition principles, and Bioeconomy & CE-policies;
- understand the issues at the different system levels, using strategic niche management, eco-industrial parks, etc;
- understand how to develop new business e.g. biorefineries, and circular cascades;
- know how business models, strategic management and organisation theories, finance and , and transition literature may inform us on the topic;
- demonstrate the use of materials, meetings, and your creative learning for Biobased and Circular Business.
- Factpod project-work;
- article discussions.
- written exam (45%);
- factpod-recordings, background documentation, defense, and report (45%);
- article presentation (5%),
- class participation and quality of contributions (5%).
Articles, knowledge clips.
|Keuze voor:||MBS||Biobased Sciences||MSc||C: Biobased and Circular Economy||2MO|