|Course coordinator(s)||M Annosi|
|Lecturer(s)||Drs. S. Straatman (BUas)|
|Examiner(s)||Drs. S. Straatman (BUas)|
Language of instruction:
Note: This course is part of the BSc Tourism, a joint degree programme of Wageningen University and Breda University of Applied Sciences. The course is scheduled in Breda in period 1 and 2 and in Wageningen in period 4. The course is open to students from other programmes. If you do the course at Breda University of Applied Sciences, you can register for the course by contacting the course coordinator before the start of the course. The schedule for the academic year at Breda University of Applied Sciences differs from the schedule of Wageningen University. The periods mentioned are the periods of Wageningen University.
A critical perspective of Organizational Behaviour (OB) and Business Management (BM) is presented. Covering the classical approaches of motivation, leadership, structure, culture, this course adds a critical perspective and innovative transversal themes as identity, power, freedom and inequality among others. Business Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility also enlighten the contemporary daily experiences applied in case studies close to students' reality.
After successful completion of this course students are expected to be able to:
- understand the foundations of organizational behaviour and business management;
- recognize organizational designs, structures and hierarchies;
- identify main elements affecting individual behaviour in business organizations, like personality, motivations and learning;
- summarize aspects related to organizing and managing people in groups and teams;
- develop a critical view of classical concepts in organizational behaviour;
- critically reflect on social and environmental aspects of organizational behaviour and business management.
- group assignments;
- case study presentations.
- written open & closed questions exam (40%);
- case study report (group) (60%).
D. King and S. Lawley,. 2016 (2nd ed.). Organizational Behaviour. Oxford University Press.
|Verplicht voor:||BTO||Tourism (joint degree)||BSc||1WD+2WD, 4WD|