|Course coordinator(s)||dr. EFM Wubben|
|Lecturer(s)||dr. ir. FJHM Verhees|
|dr. EFM Wubben|
|prof. dr. ir. JME Pennings|
|Examiner(s)||dr. EFM Wubben|
|dr. ir. FJHM Verhees|
Language of instruction:
Assumed knowledge on:
BEC-10306 Introduction to Business Economics
BMO-24306 Management and Marketing
MCB-20806 Principles of Consumer Studies
YSS-20306 Quantitative and Qualitative Research Techniques in the Social Sciences / MAT-22306 Quantitative Research Methodology and Statistics.
Advanced Business Research (BMO-31306); Selected themes Marketing & Consumer Behavior (MCB31306); Advanced Supply Chain Management (YSS32806); Technology and Business Model Innovation (YSS32306).
This course focuses on strategy and innovation. Theories and models from marketing and management science are presented, related and applied. Formally, the following aims of the course have been formulated:
- be able to assess complex firm strategy and marketing problems by selecting and applying the relevant concepts and methods to stakeholders, resources, markets, and customers;
- be able to logically develop (marketing) strategy (forecasting), at different levels of analysis (PMC, Business Unit, Corporate, International);
- be able to assess the implementation trajectory of the chosen strategies;
- be able to understand, report and reflect on the provided concepts and models.
The learning is in the cognitive domain, encompassing all known levels of complexity. After successful completion of this course students are expected to be able to:
- judge the value of management and marketing models for, resp. strategic and marketing decision-making;
- analyse strategic options for business, corporate, innovation and international strategies;
- analyse marketing plans for (new) products, brands and markets;
- use cluster analysis, factor analysis, and conjoint analysis to guide marketing strategies;
- use strategy concepts, considering the business environment;
- explain and access strategic positioning of companies;
- recall fundamental concepts, tools and elements of management and marketing.
Lectures, practicals, assignnents, tutorials, and self study.
Written open and MC-questions, closed book exam, with a marketing part and a management part.
Johnson, Whittington, Scholes, Angwin & Regnér (2017) Fundamentals of Strategy Pearson Higher Education, 4th ed. ISBN 978-1-292-20906-7
Iacobucci, D. (2016) Marketing Models: Multivariate Statistics and Marketing Analytics, 4th ed. ISBN: 9781539926108
|Keuze voor:||WUABM||BSc Minor Agricultural Business Management||3WD|