RO-0: Choose this course if these competencies are not present according to your study adviser.
RO-1: Choose (YMC-60309 and YMC-60300) or YWU-60312 or ESA-60312.
YMC-60300 is an 'umbrella' code. Instead, choose and register for 3 credits worth of modular skills (MOS) courses. For an overview of possible MOS courses please check YMC-60300 in the study handbook.
RO-2: Choose one or two of these courses if you are interested in data science.
1. You may apply for the Entrepreneurial track. In that case you choose YMC-60309 and ELS-67700 and select two entrepreneurial courses as part of your free choice. Ask your study adviser for more information.
2. You may apply for the AMS label (Amsterdam Institute for Advanced Metropolitan Solutions) in the area of Metropolitan Issues. This label is awarded if specific requirements with regard to the thesis are met and after completing specific study activities such as attending a summer school and/or a series of seminars. For more information please see the YMS section in the Study Handbook. Ask your study advisor for more information.
RO-3- RO-6: Choose one RO-cluster depending on your choice of trajectory:
- For trajectory Tourism & Development: choose RO-3. Within RO-3:
* select two courses from RO-3A in consultation with the study adviser;
* select an internship or a minor thesis from RO-3B. Replacement of the internship by a minor thesis is subject to approval by the study adviser;
* select one thesis from RO-3C.
- For trajectory Tourism & Natural Resources: choose RO-4. Within RO-4:
* select two courses from RO-4A in consultation with the study adviser;
* select an internship or a minor thesis from RO-4B. Replacement of the internship by a minor thesis is subject to approval by the study adviser;
* select one thesis from RO-4C.
- For trajectory Tourism & Global Change: choose RO-5. Within RO-5:
* select two courses from RO-5A in consultation with the study adviser;
* select an internship or a minor thesis from RO-5B. Replacement of the internship by a minor thesis is subject to approval by the study adviser;
* select one thesis from RO-5C.
- For trajectory Tourism & Experiences: choose RO-6. Within RO-6:
* select two courses from RO-6A in consultation with the study adviser;
* select an internship or a minor thesis from RO-6B. Replacement of the internship by a minor thesis is subject to approval by the study adviser.
|GEO-31806||Tourism & Sustainable Development||6.00||CS||M1||1AF|
|GEO-30306||Concepts & Approaches to Tourism Society and Environment||6.00||CS||M1||1MO|
|GEO-30806||Research Methodologies for Tourism, Society & Environment||6.00||CS||M1||4WD|
|YSS-20306||Quantitative and Qualitative Research Techniques in the Social Sciences||6.00||RO0||M1||2MO|
|YMC-60300||Modular Skills Training||3.00||RO1||M1||1AF, 2AF, 5AF, 6AF|
|ESA-60312||European Workshop Environmental Sciences and Management||12.00||RO1||M1||6WD|
|YMC-60809||Academic Consultancy Training||9.00||RO1||M1||6WD|
|YWU-60312||Research Master Cluster: Proposal Writing||12.00||RO1||M1||6WD|
|INF-34306||Data Science Concepts||6.00||RO2||M1/2||4WD|
|ENP-33306||Environment and Development||6.00||RO3A||M1||5MO|
|GEO-31306||Tourism & Globalization||6.00||RO3A||M1||5MO|
|SDC-32306||Anthropology and Development||6.00||RO3A||M1||5MO|
|ENP-70424||MSc Internship Environmental Policy||24.00||RO3B||M2||1,2,3,4,5,6|
|ENP-80424||MSc Thesis Environmental Policy||24.00||RO3B||M2||1,2,3,4,5,6|
|GEO-70424||MSc Internship Cultural Geography||24.00||RO3B||M2||1,2,3,4,5,6|
|GEO-80424||MSc Thesis Cultural Geography||24.00||RO3B||M2||1,2,3,4,5,6|
|SDC-70424||MSc Internship Sociology of Development and Change||24.00||RO3B||M2||1,2,3,4,5,6|
|SDC-80424||MSc Thesis Sociology of Development and Change||24.00||RO3B||M2||1,2,3,4,5,6|
|ENP-80436||MSc Thesis Environmental Policy||36.00||RO3C||M2||1,2,3,4,5,6|
|GEO-80436||MSc Thesis Cultural Geography||36.00||RO3C||M2||1,2,3,4,5,6|
|SDC-80436||MSc Thesis Sociology of Development and Change||36.00||RO3C||M2||1,2,3,4,5,6|
|ENP-31006||Governance of Tourism and Natural Resources||6.00||RO4A||M1||2AF|
|SDC-30806||Political Ecologies of Natural Resource Distribution||6.00||RO4A||M1||5AF|
|GEO-31306||Tourism & Globalization||6.00||RO4A||M1||5MO|
|ENP-70424||MSc Internship Environmental Policy||24.00||RO4B||M2||1,2,3,4,5,6|
|ENP-80424||MSc Thesis Environmental Policy||24.00||RO4B||M2||1,2,3,4,5,6|
|GEO-70424||MSc Internship Cultural Geography||24.00||RO4B||M2||1,2,3,4,5,6|
|GEO-80424||MSc Thesis Cultural Geography||24.00||RO4B||M2||1,2,3,4,5,6|
|SDC-70424||MSc Internship Sociology of Development and Change||24.00||RO4B||M2||1,2,3,4,5,6|
|SDC-80424||MSc Thesis Sociology of Development and Change||24.00||RO4B||M2||1,2,3,4,5,6|
|ENP-80436||MSc Thesis Environmental Policy||36.00||RO4C||M2||1,2,3,4,5,6|
|GEO-80436||MSc Thesis Cultural Geography||36.00||RO4C||M2||1,2,3,4,5,6|
|SDC-80436||MSc Thesis Sociology of Development and Change||36.00||RO4C||M2||1,2,3,4,5,6|
|ENP-31006||Governance of Tourism and Natural Resources||6.00||RO5A||M1||2AF|
|SDC-34306||Studying Crisis: Conflict, Disaster and the Social||6.00||RO5A||M1||5AF|
|GEO-31306||Tourism & Globalization||6.00||RO5A||M1||5MO|
|ENP-70424||MSc Internship Environmental Policy||24.00||RO5B||M2||1,2,3,4,5,6|
|ENP-80424||MSc Thesis Environmental Policy||24.00||RO5B||M2||1,2,3,4,5,6|
|GEO-70424||MSc Internship Cultural Geography||24.00||RO5B||M2||1,2,3,4,5,6|
|GEO-80424||MSc Thesis Cultural Geography||24.00||RO5B||M2||1,2,3,4,5,6|
|SDC-70424||MSc Internship Sociology of Development and Change||24.00||RO5B||M2||1,2,3,4,5,6|
|SDC-80424||MSc Thesis Sociology of Development and Change||24.00||RO5B||M2||1,2,3,4,5,6|
|ENP-80436||MSc Thesis Environmental Policy||36.00||RO5C||M2||1,2,3,4,5,6|
|GEO-80436||MSc Thesis Cultural Geography||36.00||RO5C||M2||1,2,3,4,5,6|
|SDC-80436||MSc Thesis Sociology of Development and Change||36.00||RO5C||M2||1,2,3,4,5,6|
|CHL-20806||Lifestyles and Consumption||6.00||RO6A||M1||3WD|
|HSO-30806||Settings for Health Promotion||6.00||RO6A||M1||5MO|
|GEO-80436||MSc Thesis Cultural Geography||36.00||RO6||M2||1,2,3,4,5,6|
|GEO-70424||MSc Internship Cultural Geography||24.00||RO6B||M2||1,2,3,4,5,6|
|GEO-80424||MSc Thesis Cultural Geography||24.00||RO6B||M2||1,2,3,4,5,6|