|Course coordinator(s)||dr. ir. CAP Buijsse|
|Lecturer(s)||dr. ir. CAP Buijsse|
|prof. dr. ir. RM Boom|
|Examiner(s)||prof. dr. ir. RM Boom|
|dr. ir. CAP Buijsse|
Language of instruction:
FPE-35403 Sustainable Food and Bioprocessing, part II - Exergy analysis (online course)
In this course we will study the influences of different choices in food production and processing methods. The evaluation of existing and new technologies requires appropriate evaluation instruments, plus a process system design that allows optimal use of resources and technologies. This course will provide analytical instruments: (1) Analysis of mass and heat flows, and (2) Pinch Analysis, for the evaluation on efficient use of raw materials, energy, water and other utilities for various food production systems (from large-scale supply chain, factory level, down to product and unit operation level).
After successful completion of this course students are expected to be able to:
- compose Sankey diagrams for heat and mass, in food and bioprocess systems;
- judge production systems on their single-resource efficiency;
- analyse heat exchanging process systems in food and bioprocesses;
- apply tabular and graphical methods in pinch analysis;
- create an efficient heat exchanger network;
- make to optimize the use of external utilities;
- suggest improvements both in unit operations and in larger-scale production systems.
For this DL course, all course materials are all shared online: Reader, Knowledge clips (video clips), digital interactive exercises and cases (with feedback and answers), supporting software (ESankey). In addition, various online interaction interfaces are used (blogs, feedback fruits).
Remote proctored written exam.
All information will be provided online.
|Keuze voor:||MFT||Food Technology||MSc||K: Food Technology (Distance Learning)||4DL|