|Course coordinator(s)||dr. ir. J Helder|
|dr. MTW Vervoort|
|Lecturer(s)||drs. MB Duizendstraal|
|ir. MA Zijp|
|ir. G Moerland|
|Examiner(s)||dr. ir. J Helder|
Language of instruction:
Assumed knowledge on:
1st year, 1st period course
Relationships between humankind and his/her environment plays a central role in this course. This course is centered around a number of case studies and subdivided into three parts: a general case, an information technology course (CCI: Computers, Communication & Information), and a selected set of information literacy module (IL). For the general case, students work in subgroups of about 9-10 persons, and each group is supervised by a coach (wk 1-3). In the general case, students work on a broad and complex climate zone-related topic. CCI is given as a supervised, self-instructing course. It is based on a large number of short instruction modules (mainly training in advanced MS Office tools) (wk 1-3). Computers skills are immediately practiced in the general case.
After successful completion of this course students are expected to be able to:
- organize group processes such as chairing meetings, writing minutes and executing a group case study within a short and strict time frame;
- use the library infrastructure of Wageningen University to find scientific information and to verify the reliability and relevance of this information;
- compose a concise scientific text.
Activities and products are defined for each day of this course. General case studies are in groups of about 10 students. Computers, communication and Information (CCI) and the information literacy modules are given as supervised, individual courses.
Weighing of the individual course elements is as follows:
- general case: products: poster and presentation (50%);
- CCI course: individual examination (40%);
- Information literacy: individual examination (10%).
To be announced.
|Verplicht voor:||BSW||Soil, Water, Atmosphere||BSc||1MO|
|BBN||Forest and Nature Conservation||BSc||1AF|