|Excursion (one day)||36|
Language of instruction:
- Analysis of problems related to the environment, landscape, land use and nature in a study area around Wageningen focused on the scope of the specializations of the study Soil, Water & Atmosphere. The course discusses research methodologies for the different compartments to deal with the relevant problems;
- Study the interrelationships between soil, water and atmosphere.
After successful completion of this course students are expected to be able to:
- explain and describe in the interactions and the coherence between the three compartments of the abiotic environment: soil, water and atmosphere (BWA);
- apply a wide range of research techniques as used in the BWA disciplines;
- analyse an integrated and multi-disciplinary BWA problem. All facets of such a research experience must have been tackled: writing a research proposal, select the appropriate research methodology, carry out the research work, write a research report and give an oral presentation;
- describe the societal aspects of agricultural, nature conservational or environmental problems in the study area around Wageningen.
The course includes a range of different activities:
- study aerial photos, satellite imagery, and maps;
- soil, water, and air sampling and analysis;
- evaluate a multi-disciplinary problem with a group of your colleagues.
Participation in the practicals is obligatory, in case of unauthorised absence the grade can be adapted (up to one point deducted from the final grade).
Reader can be obtained a week before the start of the course at the WUR-shop.
|Verplicht voor:||BSW||Soil, Water, Atmosphere||BSc||6WD|