|Course coordinator(s)||dr. ir. WAH Rossing|
|BR van Pelt|
|Lecturer(s)||MSc LLE Ditzler|
|ir. C van Veluw|
|dr. ir. FJJA Bianchi|
|dr. ir. JCJ Groot|
|dr. ir. WAH Rossing|
|dr. DF van Apeldoorn|
|PD Modernel Hristoff|
|RL de Adelhart Toorop|
|Examiner(s)||dr. ir. WAH Rossing|
Language of instruction:
Assumed knowledge on:
Principles of crop and animal production, ecology, plant and animal nutrition, and plant protection.
Note: This course has a maximum number of participants. The deadline for registration is one week earlier than usual.
See Academic Year.( http://www.wur.nl/en/Education-Programmes/Current-Students/Agenda-Calendar-Academic-Year.htm) -> Registration for Courses.
- biophysical setting of farms as systems;
- design approaches;
- readability of the landscape;
- indicators of farm performance: concepts and measurement;
- design of well-functioning, mixed organic farming systems.
At the end of this course the student is expected to be able to:
- distinguish and analyse the main components of complex farming systems based on information of the farmer, own observations, laboratory analyses and calculations of nutrient flows and using theoretical problem-solving approaches;
- evaluate the landscape setting of farms;
- evaluate performance of farming systems in terms of balances of natural resources, labour, and money;
- design a sustainable mixed farming system.
- field and field-laboratory practicals;
- computer practicals;
- farm practical.
Note: The farm practical includes a period of 10 days and requires a financial contribution of the students to cover costs.
The final grade of the course will be based on a written exam and the report of the re-design assignment.
A reader is available on the first course day.
|Keuze voor:||MOA||Organic Agriculture||MSc||C: Double Degree Agroecology||6WD|
|MOA||Organic Agriculture||MSc||A: Agroecology||6WD|