Language of instruction:
ANU-50806 Feed Formulation Science; ANU-30806 Animal Nutrition & Physiology; ANU-30306 Nutrient Dynamics or ANU-31306 Feed Technology.
- nutrients (carbohydrates, fats, proteins), their digestion and utilization for different animals;
- systems for energy- and protein utilization;
- undesired substances and contaminants;
- conservation of roughage.
After following this course, students should:
- have insight into the value of data and concepts that are used in the analysis of feedstuffs;
- have insight into the presence of undesired constituents (level, mode of action, animal effects) in important feedstuffs;
- be able to explain the principles of digestion and utilization by different nutritional characteristics of several animal species (cow, pig, fish, dog, horse, etc.;
- be able to apply systems for protein and energy evaluation for new feedstuffs;
- be able to relate a feedstuff and its objective for use for a certain animal species.
- lecture attendance;
- self study and active participation in lectures;
- working on ICT assignments (cases and self exams);
- participation in practicals: animal feed technology, participation in 'hands-on' excursion to research trials, and chemical analysis of feed and faeces;
- active participation in a broiler trial and dissection.
- written test with multiple choice questions and/or open questions (80%);
- group lab report based on individual commitment and performance to the group work (20%).
Each component needs a minimum mark of 5.0 to pass.
|Verplicht voor:||BAS||Animal Sciences||BSc||3WD|
|Keuze voor:||MAS||Animal Sciences||MSc||B: Nutrition and Metabolism||3WD|
|Verplicht voor:||WUANS||BSc Minor Animal Sciences||3WD|