|Teaching method||Contact hours|
|Course coordinator(s)||prof. dr. ir. J van der Gucht|
|Examiner(s)||prof. dr. ir. FAM Leermakers|
|prof. dr. ir. J van der Gucht|
Language of instruction:
The academic MSc internship is a period in which the student puts the acquired knowledge and skills into practice and at the same time gain relevant work experience at an academic level. The aim of the internship is to apply knowledge and skills in a potential future work field. The tasks performed during the internship are at an academic Master level.
After successful completion of this course students are expected to be able to:
- justify career interests and ambitions in relationship to the internship project and reflect on professional ambitions and capabilities;
- perform a set of general professional skills at a master level;
- transfer acquired knowledge to a professional context and to conduct advanced work tasks and projects;
- evaluate the scientific and societal context and relevance of the internship project tasks;
- realize personal learning outcomes (which could include domain-specific skills). Students formulate a minimum of two specific personal learning outcomes in consultation and agreement with their Wageningen University supervisor.
The contents and type of activities are different for each internship. Besides the internship activities the student will also:
- Work out the learning agreement and a detailed action plan for the internship;
- Complete the internship/research assignment and activities to the best of the student’s abilities;
- plan and execute a mid-term evaluation with the host supervisor;
- plan and execute evaluation moments with the WU supervisor (including the midterm evaluation);
- present the outcomes of the internship at the internship organization (if possible, invite the WU supervisor for the final presentation);
- write two reports on the internship: a report on the content and context of your internship (in case of an internship consisting of several interlinked projects) or a research report (in case of a research driven internship) and a reflection report.
The assessment of the internship is based on the following aspects:
- performance of the student at the internship host organization;
- report on content and context of the internship and possible additional deliverables (in case of an internship consisting of several interlinked projects) or a research report (in case of a research driven internship);
- reflection report;
- oral examination.
|Restricted Optional for:||MBT||Biotechnology||MSc||D: Spec. D - Process Technology||1,2,3,4,5,6|
|MML||Molecular Life Sciences||MSc||A: Spec. A Biomedical Research||1,2,3,4,5,6|
|MML||Molecular Life Sciences||MSc||C: Spec. C Physical Biology||1,2,3,4,5,6|
|MML||Molecular Life Sciences||MSc||D: Spec. D Physical Chemistry||1,2,3,4,5,6|