Vak code vorig jaar: (MST-56806)
|Excursion (one day)||8|
|Course coordinator(s)||dr. EFM Wubben|
|Lecturer(s)||dr. EFM Wubben|
|dr. ir. MPM Meuwissen|
|Examiner(s)||dr. EFM Wubben|
Language of instruction:
Assumed knowledge on:
This course is intended for all MSc students of Wageningen University who:
- have a good understanding of the basic principles of corporate entrepreneurship and business management;,
- are interested in corporate entrepreneurship, i.e. business dynamics of agri-food companies; and
- are willing to actively participate in discussions and cases.
Note: This course has a maximum number of participants. The deadline for registration is one week earlier than usual.
See Academic Year.(http://www.wur.nl/en/Education-Programmes/Current-Students/Agenda-Calendar-Academic-Year.htm) -> Registration for Courses.
After a brief refreshment of the theoretical basis of entrepreneurship, a case-based learning approach is used to make students familiar with basics and advanced aspects of entrepreneurship and entrepreneurial businesses. Real problems of real business are used to educate and train the students. The business that provides the cases, will be involved in the course. Aspects that are part of a business case are: business models, finance and capital structure, international strategy, HRM, risk management, innovation and trade.
After successful completion of this course students are expected to be able to:
- understand and interpret the basics of entrepreneurship theory in general and in the agri-food sector in particular;
- explore the potential entrepreneurship issues at stake in a particular case;
- analyse the crucial elements of the complex problem at stake;
- extract valuable entrepreneurship lessons from a business case.
Lectures, literature study, cases studies, visit to participating businesses.
- assignments (85%);
- attendance, tasks & participation (15%).
Articles, slides, cases, handouts via Brightspace.