Biotechnology is a fast developing field of science and technology with impact on many disciplines. Public discussions on biotechnology are often controversial. Students following a Bachelor with major in engineering or life science other than BSc Biotechnology will learn more about the exciting developments in biotechnology when following this BSc minor. This BSc minor is a programme minor.
After successful completion of this minor students are expected to be able to:
- explain basic principles of genetic engineering, enzymology and process engineering;
- apply recombinant DNA and biochemical techniques;
- apply (mathematic) tools for process engineering and modelling;
- apply basic regulations when working with genetically modified micro-organisms;
- understand basics in process engineering.
Language of Instruction
BSc Minor Coordinator
- Dr. ir. S. Isken
This minor is interesting for BAS, BBI, BES, BFT, BPW, BVG and Bachelor Chemical Engineering. Students of life science programmes can use this minor to get admission to MSc Biotechnology. BBT and BML Students cannot join this minor due to overlap with their programme.