The BSc programme Biotechnology focuses on application-oriented integration of biological disciplines and processengineering. Cells, enzymes or tissues are used for analytical or production aims.
Integration of genetics, (bio-)chemistry, microbiology, cell and molecular biology as well as process technology (including process engineering and design, process control, physical and molecular transfer processes) yields a powerful concept for the development of sustainable biocatalytic production processes.
After succesful completion of this BSc programme graduates are expected to:
- be able to present, understand and apply knowledge and skills in the basic biological, (bio)chemical and technological key-disciplines;
- be able to integrate and use knowledge and skills of those disciplines in specific application areas of biotechnology;
- have sufficient knowledge of the biological, (bio)chemical, mathematical and technological key disciplines;
- have skills in relevant biological, (bio)chemical and process engineering techniques;
- have an understanding of integrated use of key-disciplines;
- be able to function in a multi- and interdisciplinary research and development environment in one ore more application areas of biotechnology.
Dr S. Isken
Phone: 0317- (4)82241
- Dr ir M. Vermuë
Students A-J, appointment by phone or mail
- Dr S. Isken
Students K-N, appointment by phone or mail
- Dr ir L.H. de Graaff
Students O-Z, appointment by phone or mail
Chair: dr S. Isken
Secretary: M.W. Methorst
Codon is the study association for Biotechnology.
Membership Euro 10 per year
Forum, Droevendaalsesteeg 2, 6708 PB Wageningen
Internal postal code: 135.
Unconditional Admission to the MSc
MDR Development and Rural Innovation
MFT Food Technology
MML Molecular Life Sciences
MPB Plant Biotechnology