|Teaching method||Contact hours|
|Course coordinator(s)||dr. M de Gee|
|Lecturer(s)||dr. M de Gee|
|ir. TJ van de Pol|
|drs. CJA Bloemsma|
|dr. ir. JD Stigter|
|Examiner(s)||prof. dr. J Molenaar|
|dr. M de Gee|
Language of instruction:
Assumed knowledge on:
Dutch VWO Wiskunde A (Mathematics A) or comparable foreign education
- equations and functions;
- power functions, exponential functions, and logarithmic functions;
- periodic functions;
After this course, the student is expected to:
- have working knowledge of basic concepts, methods and techniques from calculus at VWO Mathematics B level;
- be able to apply mathematical knowledge, insights and methods to solve basic problems in the applied sciences using a systematic approach;
- be able to critically reflect upon the results;
- be able to interpret the results in terms of the problem that was modelled mathematically.
- before each lesson: extensive preparation by studying the subject matter of the lesson, doing the assigned exercises and formulating questions for the teacher;
- during each lesson: active participation by asking questions and by doing the assigned exercises (possibly in cooperation with other students);
- after each lesson: recapitulation of and reflection on the subject matter of the lesson.
Exam with open questions and/or short answer questions and/or multiple choice questions.
M. de Gee, Lectur notes, 'Wiskunde van A naarB' (WURshop).
|Restricted Optional for:||BBI||Biology||BSc||1AF|
|BSW||Soil, Water, Atmosphere||BSc||1MO|
|BBN||Forest and Nature Conservation||BSc||2AF|
|BLP||Landscape Architecture and Planning||BSc||2AF|
|BML||Molecular Life Sciences||BSc||1AF|
|MFN||Forest and Nature Conservation||MSc||2MO|