Code last year: (MST-20806)
|Teaching method||Contact hours|
|Practical extensively supervised||12|
|Course coordinator(s)||dr. mr. HJ Bremmers|
|Lecturer(s)||dr. mr. HJ Bremmers|
|prof. dr. ir. AGJM Oude Lansink|
|Examiner(s)||prof. dr. ir. AGJM Oude Lansink|
Language of instruction:
Assumed knowledge on:
Introduction to Business Economics or equivalent
Getting insight in financing the business enterprise, under conditions of risk. The firm is positioned in an environment of market opportunities, with its own financial structure and firm-specific options. Attention is paid to the assessment of the financial structure of the firm, cost of capital, portfolio-analysis,a s well as mergers and acquisitions.
At the end of the course the student is expected to:
- be able to analyze information in financial reports and to benchmark individual firms against other companies in - the sector, with a special focus on the way they are financed;
- be able to assess and calculate the value of companies with special attention to the way they are financed;
- be able to apply derivative markets to reduce risk from a financial perspective;
- be able to make investment decisions under conditions of risk and/or uncertainty;
- be acquainted with international financial markets and management.
Lectures, (computer)practicals, self-study, case study, game.
Written exam, including multiple choice questions.
- Ross: et al.: Modern financial management;
- a study guide is available two weeks before the start of the course;
- Blackboard files available.
|Restricted Optional for:||BBC||Management and Consumer Studies||BSc||A: Management Studies||2AF|
|MME||Management, Economics and Consumer Studies||MSc||D: Management, Innovation and Life Sciences||2AF|
|MME||Management, Economics and Consumer Studies||MSc||A: Management Studies||2AF|