|Teaching method||Contact hours|
|Course coordinator(s)||dr. ir. HM Willemen|
|Lecturer(s)||dr. ir. HM Willemen|
Language of instruction:
NL and/or EN
Assumed knowledge on:
Basic knowledge of chemistry on a level of several years secondary school.
ORC-13803 Bio-organic Chemistry for Life Sciences.
The course refreshes the basic knowledge of organic chemistry needed for Bio-organic Chemistry for Life Sciences (ORC-13803). The course is given parallel to ORC-13803 and prepares students for each tutorial.
After this course, the student is expected to have the knowledge and skills to:
- recognize different classes of organic compounds;
- draw organic molecules and give them a IUPAC name;
- predict the chemical properties of organic compounds (e.g. polarity, acidity, melting/boiling point, reactivity);
- describe simple organic chemical reactions.
- participate in lectures;
- tutorials and doing exercises.
Chemistry books on a secondary-school level.