|Teaching method||Contact hours|
|Course coordinator(s)||dr. ir. WKP van Loon|
|Examiner(s)||prof. dr. J Molenaar|
|prof. dr. JH Bitter|
|prof. dr. ir. HHM Rijnaarts|
|prof. dr. ir. EJ van Henten|
|prof. dr. ir. PWG Groot Koerkamp|
|prof. dr. ir. B Tekinerdogan|
|prof. dr. D Tuia|
|prof. dr. ir. SLJM de Leeuw|
Language of instruction:
102 credits of CS and RO courses including all courses of the 1st year; MAT-course Data Analysis Biosystems Engineering and FTE-25806 Research Methods Biosystems Engineering should be completed.
The bachelor thesis is the final element of the BSc Biosystems Engineering. The student is assigned a problem and s/he has to analyse the problem, prepare a project plan, do literature research, execute the project plan, do experiments if necessary, write a thesis report, and present the work in an oral presentation. The essence of the course is that the student proofs that s/he masters the competences related to the BSc Biosystems Engineering.
The student works individually under supervision of a staff member on a thesis subject relevant for the domain of the study programme. The student is supervised by a staff member of one of the Chair Groups BCT, ETE, FTE, GRS, INF, MAT or ORL . The BSc thesis can be written in the Dutch language. The student can - in consultation with the supervising chair - start with the bachelor thesis any time of the year.
In the Brightspace site for the Bsc thesis detailed instructions can be found.
After successful completion of this course students are expected to be able to:
- analyse a problem and write a project plan for the intended research;
- organize the individual management of a research project;
- do experimental research, literature research, data analysis, and present results;
- gather and interpret information from different sources and use this in the research;
- write a thesis report according to the scientific standards;
- orally present the thesis clearly and fluently, using supportive media.
- analyse the problem, prepare a project plan, do literature research, execute the project plan, do experiments if necessary, write a thesis report, and present the results.
- individual assessment of the thesis according to the assessment procedure for this course;
- oral presentation and written report.
-all forms, assessments, reports etc need to be uploaded to the Brightspace site.
Brightspace site BSc thesis Biosystems Engineering
|Compulsory for:||BAT||Biosystems Engineering||BSc|