|Teaching method||Contact hours|
|Course coordinator(s)||dr.ir. A Zegwaard|
|dr.ir. Maurice Harteveld (TUD)|
|Examiner(s)||Prof. dr ir. Arjan van Timmeren|
Language of instruction:
Assumed knowledge on:
The level of this course is advanced/ master level. The prerequisite is a relevant bachelors’ degree and the courses Metropolitan Innovators (YMS-30306) and Metropolitan Challenges (YMS-30812).
The purpose of this course is to visit a metropolitan area in the world that is relevant for the AMS institute and the MSc MADE. AMS is engaged in collaboration with similar academic institutes, such as in Paris, Vienna and Sydney. Such areas can be extremely relevant for cooperation, co-learning and co-creation. The relevance of the area can concern different aspects. The study visit usually is linked up to an organised such as a seminar or workshop and includes a case dependent assignment for the assessment of the visit.
After successfully finalizing this study visit, students are expected to be able to:
- work cooperatively and professionally as part of a team, initiate partnerships with others, take a leadership role when required, and constructively contribute to peer learning, and the ability to position work within an extended disciplinary context;
- develop innovative approaches;
- analyse, synthesise and formulate complex ideas, arguments and rationales and use initiative to explore alternative;
- communicate ideas effectively in a variety of ways including oral, written, visual, physical and digital and produce inspirational responses that exemplify integration of learning experiences;
- develop an informed and ethical position toward social, technical and environmental practices and engage in self-critique and critical thinking;
- apply relevant digital and/or manual techniques and technologies to architectural practice.
The specidfic activities depend on the location selected for this years study trip. Details can be found in the course guide.
details on the examination can be found in the course guide.