|Teaching method||Contact hours|
|Course coordinator(s)||ir. RCL Marteijn|
Language of instruction:
Wageningen University offers MSc students a wide range of modular skills courses, training skills that are necessary for graduates to function in jobs at MSc level.
This course code (YMC60300) is only used to provide an overview of available options, it is not a course as such. And there is therefore no no need nor possibility to register for YMC-60300 or YMC-60400. You have to register for the individual courses using the course codes listed below. Regular registration procedure and deadlines apply.
In consultation with e.g. your study adviser you make an assessment of which skills (competencies) you already master, and which skills may need further development.
Based on this, you select courses totalling 3 credit points (or 6 credit points when your programme allows this). It is advised to do so at an early stage in the MSc programme.
The skills are grouped below in various categories.
More information on each of the courses can be found in the study handbook under the respective chair group and course codes (between brackets). The weeks and weekday for each course is indicated below as a guideline, due to e.g. public holidays the detailed schedule might deviate, so check the detailed schedule on the scheduling website for the courses you select prior to registration to make sure they do not overlap.
Most of these courses can be combined with YMC-60809 Academic Consultancy Training in one period, except for the ones marked with *.
Research Methodology and Writing:
- Finding and using literature for your MSc thesis (YLI-65100) - 1,5 credits; first three weeks; period 1,3,5,6; Thursday afternoon.
- Scientific Writing Skills (ELS-65600) - 1,5 credits; period 1,2,3,5,6; first three weeks; Friday afternoon.
- Observation Techniques (YRM-65000) - 1,5 credits; period 5,6; first three weeks; Tuesday afternoon.
- Interviewing Techniques (YRM-65100) - 1,5 credits; period 5,6; first three weeks; Monday afternoon.
- Questionnaire Construction (YRM-65300) - 1,5 credits; period 5,6; first three weeks; Wednesday afternoon.
- Video for Data Collection* (ELS-67400) - 3 credits; periods 1,5; first four weeks Monday afternoon.
- Project Planning and Organising (INF-65100) - 1,5 credits; period 3,6; first three weeks; P3: Tuesday and Thursday afternoon; P6: Monday and Tuesday afternoon.
Ethics and Philosophy:
- Applied Ethics (CPT-65000) - 1,5 credits; period 1*,2,5; first three weeks, Thursday afternoon, in period 2 also a Tuesday afternoon group.
- Knowledge Hurts ('Kennis doet Pijn') (CPT-65100) - 1,5 credits; period 1,5; three weeks, Friday afternoon.
- Personal Leadership and Effectiveness (ELS-66800) - 1,5 credits; period 1,3, 5,6; first three weeks and in week 8 exam; Monday afternoon.
- Intuitive Intelligence (ELS-65800) - 1,5 credits; ; period 2,5,6; first three weeks, Tuesday or Wednesday afternoon (2 different groups).
- Leadership for Transformation (ELS-66400) - 1,5 credits; period 1,6; first three weeks and week 8, Tuesday afternoon.
- Supporting and Understanding Sustainability Transitions (SUST) (ELS-67100) - 3 credits; period 1,2; first three weeks, Monday plus Wednesday afternoon (2 afternoons/week).
- The Art of Public Speaking (ELS-65700) - 1,5 credits; periods 1,2,3, 6; 1st, 3rd and 8th week; Thursday afternoon. [This course is also open to students who followed presentation skills training in their BSc and like to build on that.]
- Negotiation Skills (ELS-65300) - 1,5 credits; period 1,2,3,5,6; first three weeks, Thursday afternoon.
- Argumentation Skills (ELS-65500) - 1,5 credits; period 2,3,5; first three weeks, Tuesday afternoon.
- Academic Argumentation in Scientific Writing and Debate (ELS-66600) - 1,5 credits; period 2,3,5; first three weeks; Tuesday afternoon.
- Intercultural Communication Skills (ELS-65400) - 1,5 credits; period 1,2,3,5; first three weeks; Tuesday afternoon.
- Networking (ELS-66900) - 1,5 credits; period 2,5; first three weeks; Tuesday afternoon.
- Dialogue Skills (ELS-67500) - 1,5 credits; period 1,3; first three weeks; Tuesday afternoon
- Management skills (ELS-66300) - 1,5 credits; period 1,2,3,6; first three weeks; Tuesday afternoon.
- Management skills in Theory and Practice (ELS-67300) - 3 credits; period 1,2,3,6; first four weeks and in week 8 exam; Tuesday afternoon.
- Entrepreneurial skills (ELS-66100) - 1,5 credits; period 2,3,5; first three weeks; Thursday afternoon (partly parallel to ELS-66700).
- Pursuing and Realising Entrepreneurial Projects (ELS-66700) - 3 credits period 2, 3+4, 5, 6; first three weeks and week 6; Thursday plus Friday afternoon (2 afternoons per week) (combination with an entrepreneurship labelled project in YMC-60809 or other AMC project variants possible).
- Consultancy skills (ELS-66200) - 1,5 credits; period 1,2,5; first three weeks; Wednesday afternoon.
- Career Development & Planning (ELS-65900) - 1,5 credits; period 1,3,6; first three weeks; Monday afternoon.