|Teaching method||Contact hours|
|Course coordinator(s)||dr. ir. J Diederen|
|Examiner(s)||dr. ir. J Diederen|
Language of instruction:
The course Scientific Preparation Week for Food Science Programmes is a course specially designed for Master students MFT, MFS and MFQ, who start with their education in Wageningen. This course makes these new students acquainted with the Wageningen learning situation. The students will work on several course activities: searching and using scientific literature, lab experiments, report writing, calculation cases, giving presentations, group work, and exam training. Most course activities are based on food science concepts. Some activities are compulsory and some activities students can choose themselves depending on what skills they would like to train.
After successful completion of this course students are expected to:
- befamiliar with scientific information sources and know how to obtain them;
- understand what plagiarism is and how to judge the quality of information sources;
- be able to cite and refer to information sources using a self-chosen or required citation style.
- have the expected entry skills for the chosen MSc programme, such as:
- have basic laboratory skills in food science or food safety;
- able to use basic calculations skills in a food science context;
- know how to write a lab report and cite literature according to WU standards;
- know the requirements for group work within Food Science related courses;
- understand the WU way of examining.
Lectures, lab classes, tutorials (calculations, presenting), report writing.
There will be no exam, but students will obtain a pass mark when completing the week.
All material is provided through Brightspace.
|Restricted Optional for:||MBT||Biotechnology||MSc||A: Spec. A - Cellular/Molecular Biotechnology||1WD|