|Teaching method||Contact hours|
|Course coordinator(s)||N Chatsisvili|
|Examiner(s)||dr. A Collins, Department of Food Business and Development|
Language of instruction:
This course is only open for students in the European Master in Food Studies specialisation of the MSc Food Technology.
This module examines the following: Retail positioning and marketing strategies; Shoppers' motivations; Shoppers' purchasing behaviours; Range review process; Best Practice ranging and merchandising; Category management process; Assortment building and commercial performance; Store based retailing; excel analysis for category management;
After successful completion of this course students are expected to be able to:
- explain the interplay between food supply chain management and retail marketing;
- explain how customers shop;
- evaluate store layout, product merchandising and assortment using category management principles;
- complete a category management plan;
- evaluate retailers, brand and market positioning strategies;
- case study.
- group presentation (50%);
- group report (50%).
Classroom handouts and UCC Blackboard.
|Compulsory for:||MFT||Food Technology||MSc||F: European Master in Food Studies||3WD+4WD|