|Teaching method||Contact hours|
|Course coordinator(s)||prof. dr. ir. AH Kersten|
|Lecturer(s)||prof. dr. ir. AH Kersten|
|Examiner(s)||prof. dr. ir. AH Kersten|
Language of instruction:
Nutrition and Health Part 2: Micronutrients and Undernutrition.
Food plays a central role in our society but few people actually understand what it does to our bodies. Learn more about nutrition and how our diet profoundly impacts our current and future health.This introductory nutrition course addresses the relationship between nutrition and human health with a focus on health problems related to overnutrition.
More course information and instructions on how to register can be found on: http://www.wur.nl/en/Education-Programmes/Online-Education/MOOC/Credits-for-MOOCs.htm or click on the top-right link on this page.
After successful completion of this course students are expected to:
- have a broad view into the field of nutrition;
- understand the composition of foods;
- be able to understand the basic chemistry of macronutrients fat, carbohydrate and protein;
- be able to understand how macronutrients are absorbed, stored, metabolized and how they may impact health;
- be able to understand how to better weigh and interpret the information overload about nutrition and health.
Follow online course.
Written exam on-campus (100%).
The exams will take place during the re-exam periods in February and August.