|Teaching method||Contact hours|
|Course coordinator(s)||ing. WTh ten Haaf|
|Examiner(s)||dr. ir. A Ligtenberg|
|dr. ir. RJA van Lammeren|
Language of instruction:
Dutch and/or English
Assumed knowledge on:
GRS-10306 Introduction Geo-information Science or GRS-20806 Geo-information Tools and GRS-51306 Geo-information Science for Society.
GRS-30306 Spatial Modelling and Statistics; GRS-32306 Advanced Earth Observation; GRS-33306 Advanced Geo-information Science for Earth and Environment;
As a final course of the GRS-minor students carry out individually a small individual research project given a limited project description. Within a short amount of time students are expected to realize some research stages like the interpretation of a project description, outline research tasks, analyse geo data, run geo data processing application and write a report about the followed methodology and findings.
After successful completion of this course students are expected to be able to:
- outline and structure a limited spatial research project;
- interpret and restate research objectives in research questions;
- review and report current research related to the research project;
- design and develop a spatial data processing method or remote sensing processing method that can be applied to the research problem;
- use a GIS or Remote Sensing application to explore or analyse a limited spatial research issue;
- examine and interpret the results and infer relevant conclusion relevant to the research objectives.
Simulating a limited research project setting under supervision.
Given a specific project description the student has to find and read project related publications, analyse project related data, use applicable software and report findings.
Based on assessment criteria in relation to research competences and reported results.
These criteria will be discussed with the student at the beginning of the course.
All research projects will be offered via a file that consists of a written research context and objective, related data and literature.
|Compulsory for:||WUGIS||BSc Minor Geo-information for Environment and Society||3WD, 6WD|