|Teaching method||Contact hours|
|Course coordinator(s)||RMB Laurentzen|
|dr. ir. C Oonk|
|Lecturer(s)||LRG (Lara) Minnaard|
|Examiner(s)||prof. dr. PJ den Brok|
Language of instruction:
The course offers students the possibility to practice the skills that are necessary to deliver an oral argumentation in the right context and for the right purpose. It gives theory and tools for persuasive argumentation and debate. Observing and assessing one's own argumentation skills will raise awareness on basis of which improvements can be made. Skills of others will be analysed and given peer feedback.
Based on the theory of argumentation, during the meetings the application of these theories will be discussed. Students learn how to apply the theories in their field of agrotechnology by exercises and practice and examples from the field. They will actively participate during the sessions.
After successful completion of this course students are expected to be able to:
- formulate a structured argument;
- use different persuasion techniques;
- defend a line of argumentation;
- ask and answer questions in a coherent way;
- give constructive feedback on argumentation techniques of peers;
- debate together with other students in different debating formats.
Interactive presentation of theory, exercises in small groups on doing a debate and verbal argumentation.
- reflective assignment (100%).
- giving a speech and participation in a debate are prerequisite for passing the course.
Reader and other course materials are available in Brightspace.
|Compulsory for:||BAT||Biosystems Engineering||BSc||4AF|