Human nutrition and our health are closely related. For studying the relationship between human nutrition/human diet and our health, one can look at many different scales. In this BSc minor students will get basic knowledge on how nutrition influences health. They will be introduced to some of the levels (population-individual-cell/molecule) and the biomedical approaches to this domain.This BSc minor is a programme minor.
After successful completion of this BSc minor students are expected to be able to:
- explain and appreciate the effect of nutrition on human health and disease;
- understand at a basic level the mechanisms underlying the effect of nutrition on human health;
- understand how this effect can be studied at the population level using epidemiological methods;
- recognize and understand the digestion and function of micro- and macro-nutrients in the human body;
- identify determinants of nutrition behaviour and food habits on an individual and social level.
Language of Instruction
Dutch and English.
BSc Minor Coordinator
- Programme team Nutrition and Health
This minor is interesting for students in 'biological' programmes, such as BAS, BBI, BFT, BML, BPW.
Assumed knowledge: at least VWO-level Biology *AND* Chemistry