|Teaching method||Contact hours|
|Course coordinator(s)||ir. M van Maanen-Nooij|
|Examiner(s)||prof. dr. ir. C Leeuwis|
|dr. MGJ van Wessel|
|prof. dr. ir. JWM van Dijk|
|dr. ir. O Hospes|
Language of instruction:
NL and/or EN
Two of the following courses: SDC-23306 Law and Political Power; CPT-21806 Communication, Power and Politics; CPT-22806 Innovation and Transformation; CPT-30806 Social Justice, Technology and Development.
Assumed knowledge on:
See: Studiewijzer BSc Thesis Internationale Ontwikkelingsstudies.
This BSc Thesis concludes the specialization Politics and Communication in Development of the BIN programme. It can be written under supervision of staff of the Chair Groups Strategic Communication (COM), or Knowledge, Technology and Innovation (KTI), or Public Administration and Policy (PAP), or staff of the subgroup Anthropology of Law of the Chair Group Sociology of Development and Change (SDC). The student has to study, by means of a literature review (if desired supplemented by empirical research), a subject within the field of the specialization and prove to have sufficient knowledge to critically analyse and summarise the given subject. The subject will be determined in consultation with the thesis supervisor. The student has to define the research problem and formulate research questions in a proper way, deal with the logistics of carrying out such an individual research project, plan and schedule the different activities in a decent way, and present the results in writing in a clearly organized report.
After successful completion of this BSc thesis students are expected to be able to:
- formulate a research problem and do (literature) research according to scientific standards;
- integrate knowledge from various sources and apply theoretical knowledge obtained in the study;
- work individually and independently in scientific research (under supervision);
- plan and carry out such work within the available time;
- report in writing in a clear and understandable way;
- defend the results of such work orally.
- conduct a (literature) study;
- write a report, and defend it orally during the examination.
See: Studiewijzer BSc Thesis Internationale Ontwikkelingsstudies; assessment criteria according to Assessment Form BSc Thesis Social Sciences Wageningen University.
To be accorded with the supervisor.
|Compulsory for:||BIN||International Development Studies||BSc||C: Spec. C - Politics and Communication in Development||6WD|