|Teaching method||Contact hours|
|Course coordinator(s)||dr. ir. PA Roncken|
|Z Ramos Bendana|
|dr. ir. PA Roncken|
|dr. ir. KBM Peters|
|Examiner(s)||dr. ir. KBM Peters|
|dr. ir. PA Roncken|
Language of instruction:
Assumed knowledge on:
Integrated Studio 2
Course is aligned to the content of lectures in LAR14303 Landscape Perspectives.
This introductory course is a planning- and design studio and deals with highlights and best practices in contemporary (urban) landscape studies, planning and landscape architecture. It exemplifies the relevance of the Wageningen expertise of science informed planning and design by drawing on relevant cultural, political, ecological and technical knowledge. The course offers a mixture of experiential learning (interactive lectures, workshops), planning- and design assignments and critical reflection thereon.
After successful completion of this course students are expected to be able to:
- practice elementary planning and design methods in a project;
- report the application of landscape analysis by an elementary concise report and a basic problem oriented presentation;
- assess personally obtained, relevant literature and select different concepts to analyze the past development of a given landscape.
- follow instruction lectures;
- take part in tutorials and group work;
- take part in debate sessions;
- take part in group work during studio work;
- prepare a portfolio.
The final assessment is made on the basis of the average of three results:
- Week 4 product Societal Analyses, 80% portfolio + 20% verbal presentation (powerpoint or similar). Total of this product must be >5.5.
- Week 5 product Spatial Context Analysis, 80% portfolio + 20% verbal presentation (powerpoint or similar). Total of this product must be >5.5.
- Week 6 product Design Analysis, 80% portfolio + 20% verbal presentation (powerpoint or similar). Total of this product must be >5.5.
Total grade: 100% = 0,33% Societal Analysis + 0,33% Spatial Context Analysis + 0,33% Design Analysis
In case of grades below 5.5: When a student fails one of the tests as described above, the failed task can be taken again in the re-exam periods in February 2021 and/or August 2021. When the result of the exam is still insufficient after the re-exam taken in August 2021 all tests have to be taken during a (re-) exam period in a next study year.
Site specific content encompasses selected reading in Dutch and English. See Brightspace and the course schedule for an overview of all the materials.
|Compulsory for:||BLP||Landscape Architecture and Planning||BSc||1AF|