|Teaching method||Contact hours|
|Course coordinator(s)||ir. GC van Nieuwenhoven|
|Examiner(s)||dr. JN Leerlooijer|
|prof. dr. ir. C Leeuwis|
Language of instruction:
NL and/or EN
Assumed knowledge on:
See: Course guide BSc Thesis Communicatie and Life Sciences.
This BSc Thesis concludes the bachelor Communication and Life Sciences. The thesis is written under supervision of communication science staff of the Chair Groups Strategic Communication or Knowledge, Technology and Innovation, and co-supervision of staff of a chair group relevant to the student's domain of choice in the life sciences. The student has to study, by means of a literature review or a limited empirical research, a subject in the field of communication in relation to a domain of choice in the life sciences, and prove to have sufficient knowledge to critically analyse and summarize the given subject. The subject will be determined in consultation with the thesis supervisors. The student has to define the research problem and formulate research questions in a proper way, deal with the logistics of carrying out such an individual research project, plan and schedule the different activities in a decent way, and present the results in writing in a clearly organized report.
After successful completion of this BSc thesis students are expected to be able to:
- formulate a research problem and do (literature) research according to scientific standards;
- integrate knowledge from various sources and apply theoretical knowledge obtained in the study;
- work individually and independently in scientific research (under supervision);
- plan and carry out such work within the available time;
- report in writing in a clear and understandable way;
- defend the results of such work orally.
- conduct a (literature) study;
- write a report;
- defend it orally during the examination.
See: Studiewijzer BSc Thesis Communicatie and Life Sciences.
To be accorded with the supervisors.
|Compulsory for:||BCL||Communication and Life Sciences||BSc||6WD|