|Teaching method||Contact hours|
Language of instruction:
Assumed knowledge on:
Immunology and Thermoregulation, Reproduction and Fertility, Behavioural Endocrinology, or Health Welfare and Management.
MSc Thesis Adaptaton Physiology.
In this course, students will learn how to write and present a literature review and develop a research proposal, related to the disciplines and main topics of adaptation physiology.
At the start of the course subjects are defined by the tutors which can be fine tuned by the students.
The students work in small groups (3-5) on the subject. NB: For a limited number of groups it is possible to work in the morning on the course.
After successful completion of this course students are expected to be able to:
- analyse a given problem or topic to come to relevant questions for a literature study;|
- develop a plan for a literature study based on these relevant questions;
- evaluate and present relevant literature to create a coherent literature review;
- formulate gaps in knowledge and consequently formulate new research questions;
- develop a research proposal for a series of experiments to answer (some of) these research questions and describe one animal experiment in detail.
- define relevant questions for a literature review;
- write a literature review and present and discuss this;
- develop a scientific research proposal and work plan.
Student will be graded based on individual oral exam (30%), written group reports (55%), for both a minimum grade of 5.5 is required to pass, and oral presentation (15%).
Handouts will be provided during the course.
|Restricted Optional for:||MAS||Animal Sciences||MSc||D: Spec. D - Adaptation, Health and Behaviour||5AF|
|MAS||Animal Sciences||MSc||B: Spec. B - Nutrition and Metabolism||5AF|