|Teaching method||Contact hours|
|Course coordinator(s)||dr. JW van 't Klooster|
|dr. AGJ Kuipers|
|Examiner(s)||dr. AGJ Kuipers|
|dr. JW van 't Klooster|
Language of instruction:
The course Wageningen Scientific Preparation Week is a course specially designed for Master students MPS, MPB and MOA, who start their education in Wageningen. This course makes these new students acquainted with the Wageningen learning situation. The students will work on several course activities: searching and using scientific literature, report writing, giving presentations, group work, and exam training. Some activities are compulsory and some activities students can choose themselves depending on what skills they would like to train.
After successful completion of this course students are expected to:
- be familiar with scientific information sources and know how to obtain them;
- understand what plagiarism is and how to judge the quality of information sources;
- be able to cite and refer to information sources using a self-chosen or required citation style.
- have the expected entry skills for the chosen MSc programme, such as:
- know how to write a lab report and cite literature according to WU standards;
- know the requirements for group work within MPS, MPB and MOA courses;
- understand the WU way of examining.
Lectures, tutorials, group work, report writing.
There will be no exam, but students will obtain a pass mark when completing the week.
All material is provided online.
|Restricted Optional for:||MOA||Organic Agriculture||MSc||1WD|