|Teaching method||Contact hours|
|Distance group work||0|
|Course coordinator(s)||dr.ir. RAM Dhonukshe-Rutten|
|Lecturer(s)||ir. M Wink|
|dr. ir. MC Busstra|
|dr.ir. RAM Dhonukshe-Rutten|
|Examiner(s)||dr.ir. RAM Dhonukshe-Rutten|
Language of instruction:
NOTE: this course is taught specifically for the students in Distance Learning Specialization Nutritional Epidemiology and Public Health and is therefore not available for on-Campus students.
This course is offered througout the first 2 years of the E-specialisation. It has two major elements, skills building and projects.
Skills building focuses on the following skills:
- online study and communication skills (e.g. active cooperation in groupwork, intercultural communication, giving and receiving feedback);
- academic skills (project management, information literacy, scientific writing, presentation skills, argumentation skills, reflective learning).
The projects relate to the content of the online specialization itself, and also comprises training of specific content-related skills.
After successful completion of this course students are expected to be able to:
- perform a project in an international team;
- determine the project aims, develop a project plan and formulate tasks on the basis of disciplinary knowledge and general academic skills and attitude;
- contribute to the execution of the project at an academic level by retrieval, selection and analysis of information;
- integrate relevant research-based information into scientifically correct written report, and present and defend conclusions and recommendations in a professional and well-argued way;
- implement reflective learning by assessment of, and reflection on, personal functioning in a professional team;
- give and receive feedback in writing and verbally, based on assessment of the contribution of other team members to team performance and execution of project tasks.
The final mark includes the following elements:
- 25% of the mark is based on the skills portfolio including:
- marks for the skills modules;
- portfolio including papers describing team process and individual process.
- 75% of the mark is based on the projects.
Skills building: literature provided via Brightspace.
Projects: Specific literature available online, in addition, students need to search for relevant project related literature.
|Compulsory for:||MNH||Nutrition and Health||MSc||E: Nutritional Epidemiology and Public Health||1DL+2DL+3DL+4DL+5DL+6DL|