|Teaching method||Contact hours|
|Course coordinator(s)||dr. ir. DPBTB Strik|
|Lecturer(s)||dr. ir. DPBTB Strik|
|Examiner(s)||dr. ir. DPBTB Strik|
Language of instruction:
ETE-80903 BSc Thesis Environmental Technology Part 1: Design Tools.
The student makes a design study in the field of Environmental Technology. The design tools, learned in ETE-80903 will help the student to integrate previously acquired knowledge and skills in the design study. The design is made on an individual basis and the topic is chosen from a number of cases on offer. The design must satisfy both technological and societal needs and thus the evaluation will contain both elements. The resulting design must be presented for an audience.
After successful completion of this course students are expected to be able to:
- analyse a simple well defined environmental problem with respect to the background, nature and cause of the problem and the actors involved in this problem;
- design possible scenarios based on already acquired knowledge in combination with new knowledge obtained from literature that could be a solution for the defined problem;
- elaborate the most attractive scenario's in more detail (by applying models);
- assess these scenarios with respect to its technical, economic, environmental and social feasibility and to set priorities regarding the quality of the various scenarios;
- report the results and to give an oral presentation.
- study theory;
- practice design strategies;
- reporting and presentation.
Based on a report and oral presentation.
|Compulsory for:||BES||Environmental Sciences||BSc||C: Environmental Technology||2AF+3WD|