|Teaching method||Contact hours|
|Course coordinator(s)||S Nortier|
|ir. M Wink|
|Examiner(s)||prof. dr. PJ den Brok|
Language of instruction:
Dutch and/or English
Please note that this course is taught as an integrated part of other existing courses that belong to a specific degree program.
Only students with deficiencies in this area who cannot enroll in a course that has already integrated communication skills can take this course of 1 credit in consultation with the course coordinator.
In this course students will develop basic communication skills such as: meeting skills, teamwork, personal qualities, negotiating and reflecting.
After the course students will be able to:
- work in (multidisciplinary) teams efficiently and pleasantly;
- define personal qualities and pitfalls;
- use basic negotiation skills;
- organise, participate and chair creative meetings in such a way that all participants stay actively involved;
- reflect on their own performance in applying these skills.
- active participation in a number of training sessions;
- reading of theoretical underpinnings of the skills developed;
- reflecting on the experiences in applying the skills taught in the course.
Students will be assesed on the quality of their reflection report
A reader will be provided online via Blackboard.