|Teaching method||Contact hours|
|Course coordinator(s)||HA Rozendaal|
Language of instruction:
Note: This course has a maximum number of participants. The deadline for registration is one week earlier than usual. See Academic Year.(http://www.wur.nl/en/Education-Programmes/Current-Students/Agenda-Calendar-Academic-Year.htm) -> Registration for Courses.
This training is designed to give BSc-students insight in their procrastinating behaviour. In addition, students learn how they can overcome procrastination and turn to action. Thereby more effective in achieving your personal and professional goals. The training offers insights and handles to make choices and set priorities that contribute to that what students really want to achieve in their lives and studies. Students also learn to manage time and make effective choices, set priorities and plan activities accordingly.
After successful completion of this training, the student is expected to be able to:
- understand what procrastination is and why he/she procrastinates;
- define which (seemingly opposing) goals he/she wants to serve. For example spending time with friends and study properly as well to get good grades;
- define their core qualities and core values which can support them to turn to action;
- how they can use their core qualities, core values to create 'workflow';
- understand the effects of proper time allocation;
- prioritize activities and make effective choices accordingly;
- make effective schedules based on your priorities/goals in the short and long term.
Explanation of theories, practical assignments, discussion, reflection and feedback.
Provide through Blackboard.