|Teaching method||Contact hours|
|Course coordinator(s)||HA Rozendaal|
Language of instruction:
Note: This course has a maximum number of participants. The deadline for registration is one week earlier than usual. See Academic Year.(http://www.wur.nl/en/Education-Programmes/Current-Students/Agenda-Calendar-Academic-Year.htm) -> Registration for Courses.
This training is designed for BSc-students. Purpose of the training is aimed at teaching students how they can process information as effectively and efficiently as possible to be able to pass exams successfully. In the training subjects such as mind-set, motivation, concentration, memory, power of repetition and learning strategies will be discussed. Specific attention is also paid to exam preparation. In addition, the training offers insights and handles to make choices and set priorities in time-management. As a 'red thread' throughout the training the question is: what works best for me to process, remember and 'play' with learning material together with proper goal setting and time-management.
After successful completion of this training, the student is expected to be able to:
- deal with study material more efficiently and effectively;
- show knowledge and behaviour that enhances concentration and motivation;
- define personal learning strategies and preferences;
- use tools that enhance memorization;
- understand the effects of proper time allocation;
- prioritize activities and make effective choices accordingly;
- make effective schedules based on your priorities/goals in the short and long term;
- thoroughly prepare for exams.
Explanation of theories, practical assignments, discussion, reflection and feedback.
Provide through Blackboard.