|Teaching method||Contact hours|
|Course coordinator(s)||prof. dr. ir. H Bovenhuis|
|Lecturer(s)||prof. dr. ir. WJJ Gerrits|
|dr. ir. LAJ Nagelkerke|
|prof. dr. ir. H Bovenhuis|
|Examiner(s)||prof. dr. ir. H Bovenhuis|
Language of instruction:
A BSc giving admittance to one of the Wageningen MSc programs, as well as approval of your study advisor that you follow the research variant within your MSc.
Acquire professional skills in writing a scientific research proposal in the domain of Animal Sciences.
After the course you:
- have gained knowledge and professional skills in designing a project in the Animal Sciences domain;
- are able to collect relevant information in your field, identify existing gaps in knowledge and translate them into research objectives;
- are able to write and defend a PhD-research proposal.
- acquire professional skills related to scientific writing, project planning, management and presentation.
- write your own PhD-proposal under supervision of a staff member.
- interact with your fellow students in discussion groups.
- the final project proposal is assessed by two PhD's (in their final year) and one of the lecturers;
- the rebuttal to this assessment and the final presentation for a scientific jury are assessed by the jury and the lecturers;
- the final product in combination with the process contribution are marked by the lecturers;
- the final grading is worked out individually based on these assessments.
Study guide regular information on divers topics releveant for writing a Phd proposal.
|Restricted Optional for:||MAS||Animal Sciences||MSc||1WD|
|MAM||Aquaculture and Marine Resource Management||MSc||1WD|