|Teaching method||Contact hours|
|Distance Knowledge clip|
|Distance E-learning material|
|Course coordinator(s)||dr. ir. MC Busstra|
|Lecturer(s)||dr. ir. A Kuijsten|
|prof. dr. ir. EJM Feskens|
|prof. dr. ir. P van 't Veer|
|dr. ir. MC Busstra|
|dr. FJB van Duijnhoven|
|Examiner(s)||dr. ir. A Kuijsten|
Language of instruction:
Assumed knowledge on:
DL-introduction to analytical epidemiology, DL-integration of evidence 1, DL-observational designs and assessment of validity, DL-intermediate epidemiology: confounding and effect measure modification
N/A The DL-MSc-specializations have a fixed schedule during the pilot-phase
Note: This course has a maximum number of participants. The deadline for registration is one week earlier than usual. See Academic Year.(http://www.wageningenur.nl/en/Education-Programmes/Current-Students/Agenda-Calendar-Academic-Year.htm) -> Registration for Courses.
Note: The period mentioned below is the period in which this course starts. For the exact academic weeks see the courseplanning on www.wur.eu/schedule.
This course focuses on the data analysis of case-control and cohort studies.
After successful completion of this course students are expected to be able to:
- identify the need for, execution of, and interpretation of data analysis using linear regression models, logistic regression models, general and generalized linear models, mixed models, and Cox proportional hazard models;
- identify the need for, execution of , and interpretation of stratified analysis;
- identify the need for, execution of , and interpretation of effect measure modification;
- identify the need for, execution of , and interpretation of analysis to control for confounding;
- systematically organize and document data analysis, using the statistical program R.
Knowledge clips, literature study, individual assignments.
Remote proctored written exam (50%), course assignment (50%). For both a minimum mark of 5.5 is needed in order to pass the course.
Kleinbaum&Klein. Survival Analysis: A Self-Learning Text.Third Edition. 2012. chapters 1, 2, 3, 4.
|Compulsory for:||MNH||Nutrition and Health||MSc||E: Nutritional Epidemiology and Public Health||2DL|