|Teaching method||Contact hours|
|Distance Knowledge clip|
|Distance E-learning material|
|Course coordinator(s)||dr. FJB van Duijnhoven|
|Lecturer(s)||dr. FJB van Duijnhoven|
|prof. dr. ir. P van 't Veer|
|Examiner(s)||prof. dr. JM Geleijnse|
Language of instruction:
Assumed knowledge on:
DL-introduction to analytical epidemiology, DL-integration of evidence 1, DL-observational designs and assessment of validity
The DL-MSc-specializations have a fixed schedule during the pilot-phase
Note: This course has a maximum number of participants. The deadline for registration is one week earlier than usual. See Academic Year.(http://www.wageningenur.nl/en/Education-Programmes/Current-Students/Agenda-Calendar-Academic-Year.htm) -> Registration for Courses.
Note: The period mentioned below is the period in which this course starts. For the exact academic weeks see the courseplanning on www.wur.eu/schedule.
This course focuses on how to evaluate whether confounding and effect measure modification are present. It also focuses on how to deal with confounding in the analysis.
After successful completion of this course students are expected to be able to:
- evaluate whether confounding and effect measure modification are present by stratification;
- explain how adjustment for confounding by linear regression modelling is working;
- evaluate whether confounding is present by linear regression modelling;
- understand the principles of energy adjustment;
- understand the relevance of energy adjustment because of correction for diet composition, removal of external variation in intake, confounding;
- understand for energy using multivariate, density, and residual approach;
- apply the approaches for energy adjustment in R.
Clips, e-module, individual assignment, group discussion.
- final written exam;
- group assignment biomarker protocol;
- discussion assignments (personal portfolio).
- Webb&Bain, chapter 8;
- Medical statistics at a glance "chapter 27, 28, 29 about theory, performing, and multiple linear regression modelling".
|Compulsory for:||MNH||Nutrition and Health||MSc||E: Nutritional Epidemiology and Public Health||1DL|