|Teaching method||Contact hours|
|Course coordinator(s)||dr. ir. JW Hofstee|
|Examiner(s)||prof. dr. ir. B Tekinerdogan|
|prof. dr. JH Bitter|
|prof. dr. JM Bloemhof|
|prof. dr. ir. HHM Rijnaarts|
|prof. dr. ir. EJ van Henten|
|prof. dr. ir. PWG Groot Koerkamp|
|dr. ir. AJB van Boxtel|
Language of instruction:
Assumed knowledge on:
1st year completed; 102 credits of CS and RO courses; FTE-26306 Data Analysis Biosystems Engineering and FTE-25806 Research Methods Biosystems Engineering completed.
The bachelor thesis is the final element of the BSc Biosystems Engineering. The student is assigned a problem and s/he has to analyse the problem, prepare a project plan, do literature research, execute the project plan, do experiments if necessary, write a thesis report, and present the work in an oral presentation. The essence of the course is that the student proofs that s/he masters the competences related to the BSc Biosystems Engineering.
The student works individually under supervision of a staff member on a thesis subject relevant for the domain of the study programme. The student is supervised by a staff member of one of the chair groups FTE, BCT, INF, ORL, BCT, or ETE. The BSc thesis can be written in the Dutch language. The student can - in consultation with the supervising chair - start with the bachelor thesis any time of the year.
After successful completion of this course students are expected to be able to:
- analyse a problem and write a project plan for the intended research;
- organize the individual management of a research project;
- do experimental research, data analysis, and present results;
- gather and interpret information from different sources and use this in the research;
- write a thesis report according to the scientific standards;
- present the thesis clearly and fluently, using supportive media.
- write a thesis and present the results.
- individual assessment of the thesis according to the assessment procedure for this course;
- oral presentation and written report.
No literature available.
|Compulsory for:||BAT||Biosystems Engineering||BSc||1,2,3,4,5,6|