|Teaching method||Contact hours|
|Course coordinator(s)||coördinators BIC, BCT, BIF, BPE, CBI, ETE, FCH, FHM, FPE, GEN, HAP, HMI, HNE, MIB, MOB, NEM, ORC, PCC, SSB, VIR|
|Examiner(s)||prof. dr. SC de Vries|
|prof. dr. ir. RH Wijffels|
|prof. dr. ir. HFJ Savelkoul|
|prof. dr. ir. RM Boom|
|prof. dr. BJ Zwaan|
|prof. dr. WM de Vos|
|prof. dr. T Bisseling|
|prof. dr. ir. J Bakker|
|prof. dr. JT Zuilhof|
|prof. dr. ir. HHM Rijnaarts|
|prof. dr. JPM Sanders|
|prof. dr. ir. H Gruppen|
|dr. ir. AJB van Boxtel|
|prof. dr. VAP Martins dos Santos|
|prof. dr. MM van Oers|
|prof. dr. JH Bitter|
|prof. dr. ir. J van der Gucht|
Language of instruction:
Highest level course of the BSc Biotechnology programme in which the chair offering the thesis topic is involved with exception of BPE-21306 Bioreactor Design.
Assumed knowledge on:
All other compulsory courses of major Biotechnology.
Individual BSc thesis at one of the following chairs: BCT, BIC, BPE, BCT, CBI, ETE, FCH, FPE, GEN, MIB, MOB, NEM, ORC, PCC, SSB, VIR. Students work under supervision on research or design subject linked to research or design of chair offering topic.
After successful completion of this course students are expected to be able to:
- function (under supervision) in a research or design setting;
- apply fundamental scientific knowledge;
- apply methods to search scientific literature;
- define objectives for a research or design project, formulate a model or hypothesis, and plan and perform experiments or tests (under supervision);
- report on design or research, both orally and in writing.
- under supervision planning;
- conducting and reporting research or design on biotechnological topic.
Based on report, oral presentation and performance during thesis (details presented on BSc thesis biotechnology evaluation form available before actual start of the thesis). All parts of the thesis have to be passed.
Up to date scientific articles.