|Teaching method||Contact hours|
|Course coordinator(s)||BFA Laurenssen|
|prof. dr. ir. B Kemp|
|Examiner(s)||prof. dr. ir. B Kemp|
Language of instruction:
This course is a practical introduction in animal husbandry in a very broad sense and consists of three parts: a one-week course at a 'praktijkschool', an individual internship of 2 weeks and 1 week preparation, reporting and evaluation. The individual part consists of participation in a situation of animal husbandry and dealing with practical aspects of animal husbandry in a variety of functions of animals for men, based on an individual and personal learning aim. This can be at a farm, fish producing enterprise, a veterinarian practice, a zoo, a shop for pet-animal products, a children's zoo, a farm for disabled, an animal hostel, a riding school, a pet food company, a nature conservation organization (grazing), an abattoir, etc.
After successful completion of this course students are expected to be able to:
- recognize the demands in handling, feeding and housing of animals;
- handle animals in a proper way;
- define personal learning goals related to their future study program or professional career after their study;
- describe their personal learning goals and reflection on their personal learning goals;
- describe a sector of their interest in a practical setting.
- taking a practical course at a 'praktijkschool';
- performing an individual internship in the area of animal husbandry;
- reporting and presentation of results.
- the course at the 'praktijkschool' is evaluated with a test, to be judged as sufficient;
- the individual internship, report and presentation to be judges as sufficient;
- the overall results are judged as a testimonium.
A study guide is available at the contactperson.
|Compulsory for:||BAS||Animal Sciences||BSc||6WD|
|Restricted Optional for:||BLS||Bachelor Orientation year Life Sciences||BSc||6WD|