|Teaching method||Contact hours|
|Course coordinator(s)||dr. ir. R Hartemink|
|Examiner(s)||G. Trystram, C. Bonazzi|
Language of instruction:
- basics on interactions transfer-structure, creation of porosity, of new properties;
- mass transfer and drying; structure stability (collapse);
- coating, agglomeration of solid particles; encapsulation
- thermo-mechanical processes (extrusion, cooking, roasting);
- mixing of non-newtonian fluids; emulsion and foaming.
NOTE: this course is the original ENSIA course: Création de structure
At the end of this course the student is able to:
- choose initial product formulations;
- understand transfer processes and reactions during food processing.
Individual study (analysis and synthesis) on a scientific article with experimental results.
Will be announced.
|Compulsory for:||MFT||Food Technology||MSc||F: European Master in Food Studies||5|