|Teaching method||Contact hours|
|Course coordinator(s)||dr. ir. R Hartemink|
|Examiner(s)||prof. G Trystram|
Language of instruction:
- dynamics of food processes (analysis, dynamic modelling, applications);
Sensors (classical sensors and measurement systems; real time measurement for food processes; study of the instrumentation of a unit operation);
- control (Sequential control of food processes; numerical controllers; use of Computer Aided Design tools; generalised design of food processes);
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing for the Food Industry;
- applications, practice and case studies.
Engineering of Food Process Control: case study as a project for groups of (3) students.
At the end of this course the student is able to:
- discuss methods and tools of process control and available sensors;
- study and understand food process instrumentation in the food industry;
- understand applications of process control science for food unit operations.
- case Studies.
- written report;
- oral presentation.
Will be announced.
|Compulsory for:||MFT||Food Technology||MSc||F: European Master in Food Studies||5|