|Teaching method||Contact hours|
|Course coordinator(s)||dr. ir. ARH Fischer|
|Lecturer(s)||JR de Vries|
|prof. dr. G Antonides|
|dr. S Wahlen|
|dr. ir. ARH Fischer|
|dr. BC Mulder|
|Examiner(s)||dr. ir. ARH Fischer|
Language of instruction:
MCB-30306 Consumer Behaviour: Concepts and Research Methods; MCB-32306 Applied Consumer Studies.
General aspects of consumer sciences; field of study of consumer sciences; overview and integration of various scientific approaches to the study of consumer behaviour: economic, psychological, social and social psychological, communication. Treatment of issues in consumer behaviour and consumer decision making on the level of the individual, the household, and group processes.
After successful completion of this course students are expected to be able to:
- identify and explain the multidisciplinary nature of the field of consumer sciences;
- retrieve and explain the major concepts, theories, and models of consumer sciences as treated in the textbook and the lectures;
- identify and explain the various levels of analysis of consumer behaviour - like individual, household, group, and gender - and their interdependency in explaining consumer behaviour;
- recognise and summarise the societal developments that influence the consumer;
- apply and integrate the theories that are treated in the textbook, based on a case that is presented during lectures.
- attending to lectures (80%);
- studying basic literature (20%). Group assignment to be presented in class.
Written examination containing 8 open ended questions.
The score of the group assignment is weighted 25% provided the written exam score exceeds 5.0
M. Solomon; G. Bamossy, S.; Askegaard, M.K. Hogg. (2013). Consumer Behaviour: A European Perspective. Pearson education. 5th ed. ISBN: 9780273772729.
|Compulsory for:||BBC||Management and Consumer Studies||BSc||1MO|
|Restricted Optional for:||MME||Management, Economics and Consumer Studies||MSc||B: Consumer Studies||1MO|
|MME||Management, Economics and Consumer Studies||MSc||D: Management, Innovation and Life Sciences||1MO|
|MME||Management, Economics and Consumer Studies||MSc||A: Management Studies||1MO|
|Compulsory for:||WUCBH||BSc Minor Consumer Behaviour||1MO|
|WUPEB||BSc Minor Psychobiology of Eating Behaviour||1MO|