|Teaching method||Contact hours|
|Course coordinator(s)||dr. PTM Ingenbleek|
|Lecturer(s)||dr. ir. ARH Fischer|
|dr. PTM Ingenbleek|
|Examiner(s)||dr. PTM Ingenbleek|
Language of instruction:
Assumed knowledge on:
Statistics (MAT-22306 Quantitative Research Methodology and Statistics or YSS-20306 Quantitative and Qualitative Research Techniques in the Social Sciences) and two specialization courses Consumer Behaviour (MCB-30306 Consumer Behaviour: Concepts and Research Methods and MCB-30806 Sensory Perception and Consumer Preference) or two specialization courses Marketing (T-21306 Advanced Management and Marketing, and one of MST-30306 Technology, Innovation and Strategy, ORL-30306 Decision Science 2).
MSc Thesis Marketing & Consumer Behaviour.
Selected themes in Marketing and Consumer Behaviour shows how a marketing and consumer behaviour specialist can find conceptual solutions to an applied or scientific problem in marketing and/or consumer behaviour based on the current themes in the scientific literature.
After successful completion of this course students are expected to be able to:
- select and appraise the scientific literature on marketing and consumer behaviour in relation to practical problems;
- critically interpret and analyse scientific articles in leading marketing and consumer behaviour literature;
- form a conceptual solution to a marketing and consumer problem based on themes identified in the scientific literature;
- participate in scientific discussions with respect to marketing and consumer behaviour;
- write a research proposal (at the level of an MSc thesis) based on a literature review, integrating marketing and consumer behaviour themes.
- following lectures & studying literature;
- group work to write and present a conceptual solution to a marketing or consumer behaviour problem based on the literature.
- individual examination (half term) on the prescribed literature.
- group mark on both the content and the presentation of the literature study proposal and the research design.
Selected papers and handouts from lectures (for exam).
Papers identified through literature review for group work .
|Restricted Optional for:||MME||Management, Economics and Consumer Studies||MSc||A: Management Studies||6AF|
|MME||Management, Economics and Consumer Studies||MSc||B: Consumer Studies||6AF|
|MME||Management, Economics and Consumer Studies||MSc||D: Management, Innovation and Life Sciences||6AF|
|MOA||Organic Agriculture||MSc||B: Consumer and Market||6AF|